Python Data Engineer
Location: Fully remote, Poland
On behalf of Adthena, Efisco is looking for a Python Data Engineer with deep knowledge of Python language to join the fully remote team on a full-time basis. We are looking for a good team player who would like to work closely with Business Intelligence, Data and Data Science teams. We are looking for an engineer who would like to become an expert in developing high-quality technical solutions.
Adthena’s mission is a world of search transparency where precise ads connect marketers to consumers. This statement is key to our ethos here at Adthena and is backed by our Whole Market View technology, a dynamic, AI-driven, data model that is unique for each advertiser, representing their entire relevant search landscape.
Powered by its patented machine learning technology, Whole Market View provides the comprehensive data scope and quality required by the world’s leading advertisers to precisely assess competitive opportunities at scale across their entire market, without limitations. Adthena indexes information hourly, processing over 10TB of new data, 500 million adverts and 200 million keywords across 15 different languages each day.
Things that make Adthena Unique
- Machine-Learned Whole Market View
- Supervised and Unsupervised Learning
- Convolutional Neural Networks
- Natural Language Processing
- Word Vector Embeddings (Word2Vec)
- Built for Client Value and Outcomes
- World Class Customer Success
Reasons why you should join the Adthena Data Engineering team @ Efisco
- Startup Engineering culture
- Good work/life integration
- Your work is seen and touchable
- Your input is heard and implemented
- Vacations: Annual leave + Christmas week
- Paid sick-leaves
- Individual coaching programs
- Monthly Hackdays
- Monthly Socials and company-wide retreats (when Pandemic restrictions become easier)
- Free Trainers when you join our team
- Social activities to join in.
- Huge training base
Adthena’s Data Engineering Team
Athena’s data team is a market leader in developing complex ETL and machine learning solutions. With published authors and award-winning data scientists who contribute some of the major machine learning and distributed data technologies such as Apache Spark, Adthena is a friendly, passionate group of engineers making a career out of building great software for their customers.
As a Python Data Engineer, you will be working across Adthena’s entire stack, so a real passion to drive the product and technology forward is something that Adthena value. Your responsibilities will include architecting and building a suite of technologies for use by analysts at Adthena. You will work closely with Business Intelligence, Data and Data Science teams to deliver user-centric solutions to Adthena’s customers.
- Design, build and maintain analytics solutions and Python bases platforms and services.
- Collaborate with teams to identify, profile and validate potential sources of data to meet reporting requirements.
- Work with Analyst teams to ensure requirements are understood and translated into a development build.
- Input into the organisation’s understanding of data utilization, i.e. canonical data models, data lineage, data dictionaries, user metric guides, and liaise accordingly with stakeholders.
- Write high quality, extensible and testable code by applying good engineering practices (TDD, SOLID) using Adthena’s Engineering Practices.
- Understand and apply modern technologies, data structures and design patterns to solve real problems efficiently.
- Understand Adthena’s data architecture and uses appropriate design patterns and designs complex database tables.
- Proactively identify and help fixing production and non-production application issues.
- Develop reports, documents and dashboards as per requirements.
- Provide high level estimate of effort and risk regarding the expected deliverables.
- Work as part of Agile team to maintain, improve, monitor Adthena’s data collection processes.
- Take ownership and pride in the products we build and always make sure they are of the highest standard.
- Be empathetic towards team members and customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- Commercial experience building data solutions using Python.
- Commercial experience with data models and data warehouses.
- Good experience in SQL, database management, and performance tuning.
- Knowledge working cloud technologies (AWS).
- Building complex ETL workflows (Luigi, Airflow).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience in data processing using traditional and distributed systems (Hadoop, Spark).
- Web frameworks (flask / django / react).
- Messaging technologies (rabbitMQ / kafka).
- Basic Linux system administration.
- Continuous Integration technologies.
- Excellent oral and written English.
Tech stack used in the Data Engineer team
If you are interested, please leave your detailed CV at email@example.com or fill in the form below.