Location: Gdańsk, Poland
On behalf of aNewSpring, Efisco is looking for a QA Engineer to join the expanding team of currently about 15 developers on a full-time basis. If you have experience with the testing of a web application and are familiar with tools like NightwatchJS to automate this testing, we are waiting for you!
Do you send an email to a company if a button on their website doesn’t work in your browser, after checking it in several other browsers? Do you wake up days later thinking about this issue and will you try to reproduce it again, and write an automated test for it before grabbing coffee, to make this easier the next time? Did you just enthusiastically say yes? Then we’re looking for you!
aNewSpring is a Dutch EdTech company, based in Rotterdam, with offices and partners in their main regions (UK, Australia, and South Africa).
aNewSpring is the adaptive learning platform that lets you easily create and deliver courses that adjust to each individual learner. It tracks previous learner successes, obstacles, assessment results, and author objectives to personalize courses for all learners. As learning obstacles are encountered, aNewSpring engages every learner with their own automatically adjusted route.
Their no-nonsense approach to working and their open, positive and respectful way of collaborating leads to super happy employees. How do they know this? Because they ask how you experience your work and what they can improve on a weekly basis. And they actually act on the suggestions.
Things that make aNewSpring Unique
- aNewSpring’s way of working has led the company to grow from a small start-up to a fast-growing SaaS company in the past ten years
- The company has thousands of customers and even more satisfied students
Reasons why you should join the aNewSpring team @ Efisco
- At aNewSpring, they do everything they can to make learning fun and effective.
- The company works with a no-nonsense approach.
- aNewSpring believes in open, positive, and respectful collaboration.
- The company improves continuously and offers its clients a better experience.
- Opportunity to grow and develop into more responsible roles.
- Responsible for finding any bugs the developers left in their code before they make it to production and for ensuring the quality of the product that aNewSpring delivers.
- Responsible for ensuring consistent quality from the start of the features onwards.
- Actively participating in refinement sessions with the whole team, following an ATDD approach during the development of the product, and collaborating with other QA Engineers to determine what parts of the test suite would need to be automated.
- Responsible for keeping a healthy balance between automation and manual tests.
- You will be improving yourself with new techniques and technologies in the areas of security and performance testing will help the company make the next steps towards ensuring a stable and secure platform for the clients.
- You will be bringing your experience and insights to both your Scrum team and the QA team as a whole, to collaboratively determine what parts of new functionality should be automated and how to bring QA within aNewSpring to the next level.
- At least 4 years of hands-on experience working as a web-application tester;
- Experience with test automation (using Selenium WebDriver)
- Experience with API automated testing;
- Nice to have experience with Cucumber and or other BDD frameworks;
- Nice to have experience with (automated) Security testing and Performance testing;
- Knowledge of Agile, Scrum, ATDD;
- Test domain certification is appreciated (ISTQB or TMap);
- A university/bachelor’s degree;
- Fluent in English
Tech stack used in the aNewSpring’ team
What do you get at the end of the day?
- A stable and flat organization with little bureaucracy and fast-paced decisions;
- A warm and comfortable home-style environment where your personality is supported and reinforced;
- Private medical insurance – VIP package (LuxMed)
- Extended MyBenefit program;
If you are interested, please leave your detailed CV at email@example.com or fill in the form below.