Senior Backend Developer
Location: Finland (Helsinki or Kajaani)
On behalf of Critical Force, Efisco is looking for a Senior Backend Developer to join the ranks to design and develop systems that will bring Critical Ops to the next level. The position requires the relocation of the candidate to Finland. If you are a passionate and self-driven person ready to challenge yourself and create the next level of mobile FPS gaming, we welcome you to join us!
About Critical Force
Critical Force is a Finnish video game company. Critical Force is the creator of the successful mobile FPS title Critical Ops and one of the leading mobile shooter developers in the world. The values are Honesty, Trust, Team Spirit, Player Centric and Learn & Grow, and they are defined and cherished by all of their employees.
Critical Force has 2 development studios in Finland and employs experts in 6 countries around the world.
Things that make Critical Force Unique
- From the very beginning, Critical Force started building the technology and proof of concept for an online first-person shooter game for mobile devices
- Today, Critical Force is a highly respected workplace for dozens of experienced professionals.
- Two locations in Finland: Helsinki and Kajaani
- The passion and ambition are to become a market leader in the mobile FPS category.
- Striving to make the best competitive games for mobile platforms.
Reasons why you should join the Critical Force team @ Efisco
- Opportunity to join a game studio awarded multiple times by different organizations
- Transparent and caring company culture
- A fast-moving work environment is driven by people with a passion for games
- The option to work from time to time in either of our offices, in Helsinki or Kajaani
- Good benefits, incl. comprehensive health, travel insurance, and dental care
- Flexible working environment and autonomous teams
- Opportunity to grow and develop into more responsible roles
Critical Force’s Team
The team is focusing on competitive multiplayer games for mobile. We strive to create games that are fun to play on both casual and competitive levels. Our flagship game is a first-person shooter Critical Ops, which has been downloaded over 100 million times worldwide and has become a trailblazer in electronic sports played on mobile devices. We all share a passion for our creations, from interns to senior developers. We pride ourselves on our friendly and focused team atmosphere.
The selected candidate can decide to work from either of our offices – in Kajaani, experiencing an international feeling with a small-town vibe next to nature – or in Helsinki – in the heart of a bustling games capital. Remote working in other places in Finland is also possible, but the ability to visit the offices from time to time will be required.
- Develop testable high-quality backend systems and tools for a live product
- Utilize web frameworks and in-house technology to provide a fantastic experience to players
- Profile, identify and optimize performance bottlenecks
- Collaborate with other programmers to improve technical architecture, quality, documentation, and standards
- Work together with a multi-disciplinary team
- 5+ years of game development experience
- Experience with Linux environments
- Strong knowledge of PHP
- Strong knowledge of microservice architectures
- Strong understanding of data storage solutions and SQL
- Strong understanding of network protocols
- Strong debugging skills
- Strong knowledge of software design principles and patterns
- Released titles on major development platforms (App Store, Google Play, Steam)
- Experience with version control (GIT) as a natural part of development cycles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Specialist skills that can be applied to a specific area of development
- Web development skills
- Knowledge of test frameworks
- Knowledge of iOS app development tools
- Enthusiasm for real-time multiplayer and cloud architectures
- Pro-active and self-driven mindset
Tech stack used in the Critical Force’ team
PHP, SQL, GIT, Linux, .NET, ASP.NET Core
If you are interested, please leave your detailed CV at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill in the form below.