DevOps Infrastructure Engineer
Location: Gdańsk, Poland
On behalf of aNewSpring, Efisco is looking for a DevOps Infrastructure Engineer to join the expanding team of currently about 15 developers on a full-time basis. If you can re-architect and maintain deployment pipelines for both web applications and apps with your eyes closed, and your hands tied, we welcome you to join us!
Do you have at least three years of experience in setting up and administering AWS environments? And would you, as the next step in your career, like to build an awesome platform for the developers of aNewSpring to build, run, deploy and monitor the applications? Did you just enthusiastically say yes? Then we’re looking for you!
aNewSpring is a Dutch EdTech company, based in Rotterdam, with offices and partners in their main regions (UK, Australia, and South Africa).
aNewSpring is the adaptive learning platform that lets you easily create and deliver courses that adjust to each individual learner. It tracks previous learner successes, obstacles, assessment results, and author objectives to personalize courses for all learners. As learning obstacles are encountered, aNewSpring engages every learner with their own automatically adjusted route.
Their no-nonsense approach to working and their open, positive and respectful way of collaborating leads to super happy employees. How do they know this? Because they ask how you experience your work and what they can improve on a weekly basis. And they actually act on the suggestions.
Things that make aNewSpring Unique
- aNewSpring’s way of working has led the company to grow from a small start-up to a fast-growing SaaS company in the past ten years
- The company has thousands of customers and even more satisfied students
Reasons why you should join the aNewSpring team @ Efisco
- At aNewSpring, they do everything they can to make learning fun and effective.
- The company works with a no-nonsense approach.
- aNewSpring believes in open, positive, and respectful collaboration.
- The company improves continuously and offers its clients a better experience.
- Opportunity to grow and develop into more responsible roles.
- Responsible for making the deployments as smooth as possible, to multiple productions, tests, and acceptance environments spread over multiple accounts and regions.
- Responsible for extending and optimizing the deployment pipeline, to enable aNewSpring to build and test its web and mobile applications as easily and smoothly as possible.
- Monitor the usage and costs of an aNewSpring existing infrastructure.
- Bring ideas to the table to keep those costs under control.
- In cooperation with the CTO, you’ll determine the necessary changes to the current AWS and Azure infrastructure to make it better and more secure, and where necessary you’ll coordinate these changes with its hosting provider.
- Investigate issues as they arise in production and fix them together with an aNewSpring hosting provider. Or better yet, you’ll prevent them from occurring in the first place!
- At least 3 years of hands-on experience in setting up and maintaining AWS environments and deployment pipelines for web applications
- Experience using containers (Docker/ECS/Fargate, Kubernetes/EKS)
- Experience using Linux, Nginx, Traefik, Apache Tomcat, MySQL
- Experience using automation- and CI/CD tools (Bash, Git, TeamCity)
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Good eye for detail
- Being able to work on your own
- Completed AWS Solutions Architect certification
- Completed Bachelor or Master of Science, preferably in an IT-related field
- Fluent in English
Tech stack used in the aNewSpring’ team
Java, MySQL, AWS, Tomcat, LESS, Cordova, Docker/ECS/Fargate, Kubernetes/EKS, AWS CDK, Python, and Terraform for the Azure-hosted tool
What do you get at the end of the day?
- A stable and flat organization with little bureaucracy and fast-paced decisions;
- A warm and comfortable home-style environment where your personality is supported and reinforced;
- Private medical insurance – VIP package (LuxMed)
- Extended MyBenefit program;
If you are interested, please leave your detailed CV at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill in the form below.